09 July, 2010

Imperial Town Chinese @ Omonia

Several days ago I went to the Chinese restaurant Imperial Town near the Omonia Square.



It is in the seedy part of Omonia area, unfortunately, but the restaurant itself looks totally innocent, run by a friendly Chinese lady.

As you see in the photo, the decor is minimal, which is all right so long as you don't come expecting something else.



The menu is long and written in three languages - English, Chinese and Greek. I chose a cup of hot and sour soup, a small bottle of water...



pork and Chinese pickles accompanied by rice.



The soup was just ok, not really either hot not sour. The pork was unfortunately excessively salty which I could not have eaten if I did not order plane steamed rice.

The price is low. If I remember well I paid about 10 euros including about 10% service.

Comparing to the Chinese food I used have in Birmingham (UK), the food was only average, but in Athens, where there are few decent Chinese restaurants, Imperial Town is a gem; Chinese food lovers can enjoy authentic Chinese food for a good price.

No comments: