29 January, 2011

Omorfo Tavernaki @ Nafplio

Revisited Nafplio in early January.

I think I have been there already 3 times and this is the 4th visit to me, but it is the 2nd for Hubby.

Here is Syntagma Square and Palamidi.




I think that many people were still on vacation, but the town was almost empty and we saw very few visitors.



We walked around a bit and then entered a taverna for lunch. It is called To Omorfo Tavernaki (Beautiful Small Taverna) and was recommended by a friend of mine.

Interior was elegantly rustic.



Food is usual Greek taverna fare + some dishes of the day.

The bread was served toasted, but rather stingily.

Tzatziki

Just average tzatziki.

Lachanodormades

Lachanodormades (minced meat and rice with herb wrapped in cabbage leaves) were a pick from Dishes from the Day. They were fine, not more.




Pork stewed with mushrooms, served with rice and fried potatoes. The meat was meltingly soft and the sauce had nice depth.



You might be wondering why we had so much potatoes. It was because the waiter did not tell me (and not written on the menu) that the meat was to be served with fried potatoes. I don't like the waiters who do this; you are supposed to inform the guests about the food. Or at least the kitchen could have substituted the potato with rice.



The bill I think was around 30 Euros. Not the sort of places where I would willingly come back.


Omorfo Tavernaki



To Omorofo Tavernaki
Kotsonopoulou & Vasilissis Olgas 1
211 00 Nafplio
Tel. 27520 25944

No comments: